Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    PM replied AB, many thanks.

    And......... my apologies to everyone for my grumpy morning breath.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issues


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    Thanks for the update Steven.

  3. #3
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issues


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    Steven when I tried to move posts to another thread I get an error message stating "Not a Valid Url Specified"

    And No Phil I don't have Moderator version Laptops !

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    Steven,

    FWIW, all the forums I'm active on but this one allows a short message, such as Thanks! or just an emoticon, so any particular reason we can't have a < 10 character post?

    TIA

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  5. #5
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    The minimum number of characters per post for the site is set to 10. I am not sure if we ever implemented an option for that in the HBCP system to control it. I can check but will have to get back to you.
    Also the server is just about finished. Just 2-3 things left and the migration will be completed.
    Just as an FYI I have been thinking about eliminating the quick reply system all together and just have the advanced system be the sole posting interface,


    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Steven,

    FWIW, all the forums I'm active on but this one allows a short message, such as Thanks! or just an emoticon, so any particular reason we can't have a < 10 character post?

    TIA

    GM
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Just 2-3 things left and the migration will be completed.
    Just as an FYI I have been thinking about eliminating the quick reply system all together and just have the advanced system be the sole posting interface,
    Cool!

    Well, before a couple of weeks ago, this would be a problem for me, but now that I have a much faster net connection I don't have to wait for it to 'construct' itself seemingly one bit [byte?] at a time, so wonder if there's others still stuck slow DSL 'hell'.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issues


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Cool!

    Well, before a couple of weeks ago, this would be a problem for me, but now that I have a much faster net connection I don't have to wait for it to 'construct' itself seemingly one bit [byte?] at a time, so wonder if there's others still stuck slow DSL 'hell'.

    GM
    What connection do you have now GM ? Speed wise ?

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issues


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    This thread is for posting forum issues ONLY please !

  9. #9
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issues


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Steven,

    FWIW, all the forums I'm active on but this one allows a short message, such as Thanks! or just an emoticon, so any particular reason we can't have a < 10 character post?

    TIA

    GM
    +1 Yeah I'm with GM on this one...

  10. #10
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issues


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Server Upgrade Please Post here if you Have Any Issu

    It should..I'm not sure about Comcast,but Fios can set your speed from wherever they are meaninig no one has to come out and adjust it.I think it is set (Your Speed) electronically so once set it will stay in that general area with ups and downs due to peaks. As I have a 50/50 Mbps connection and I get almost 60 for up and down.But I have Verizon Fios.. And Love it. I downgraded from 75/75 as I didn't really need that and preferred the better TV package.

    1


    This is what I had for a couple months but really didn't notice too much of a difference so I went to the better TV package instead for the same price.

    2
    Last edited by Altec Best; February 2nd, 2016 at 03:37 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.